(1) The act of damaging something or someone
(2) Any harm or injury resulting from a violation of a legal right
(3) Loss of military equipment
(4) The occurrence of a change for the worse
(5) The amount of money needed to purchase something
"The price of gasoline"
"He got his new car on excellent terms"
"How much is the damage?"
(6) Inflict damage upon
"The snow damaged the roof"
"She damaged the car when she hit the tree"
From damage from damnum.
- The abstract measure of something not being intact; harm.
- The storm did a lot of damage to the area.
- Cost or expense.
- "What's the damage?" he asked the waiter.