(1) The weather in some location averaged over some long period of time
"The dank climate of southern Wales"
"Plants from a cold clime travel best in winter"
(2) The prevailing psychological state
"The climate of opinion"
"The national mood had changed radically since the last election"
From , from , from , from .
- An area of the earth's surface between two parallels of latitude.
- A region of the Earth.
- The long-term manifestations of weather and other atmospheric conditions in a given area or country, now usually represented by the statistical summary of its weather conditions during a period long enough to ensure that representative values are obtained (generally 30 years).
- The context in general of a particular political, moral etc. situation.
- Industries that require a lot of fossil fuels are unlikely to be popular in the current political climate.