(1) Scope for freedom of e.g. action or thought; freedom from restriction
(2) The angular distance between an imaginary line around a heavenly body parallel to its equator and the equator itself
(3) An imaginary line around the Earth parallel to the equator
(4) Freedom from normal restraints in conduct
"The new freedom in movies and novels"
"Allowed his children considerable latitude in how they spent their money"
latitude, latitudo, from latus broad, wide, for older stlatus
- The angular distance north or south from the equator, measured along the meridian of that particular point.
- An imaginary line (in fact a circle) around the Earth running parallel to the equator.
- The relative freedom from restrictions.
- The angular distance of a heavenly body from the ecliptic.
- The extent to which a light-sensitive material can be over- or underexposed and still achieve an acceptable result.
- Wikipedia article on
- Extent or scope; e.g. breadth, width or amplitude.