(1) The act of concealing the identity of something by modifying its appearance
"He is a master of disguise"
(2) Device or stratagem for concealment or deceit
(3) Fabric dyed with splotches of green and brown and black and tan; intended to make the wearer of a garment made of this fabric hard to distinguish from the background
(4) An outward semblance that misrepresents the true nature of something
"The theatrical notion of disguise is always associated with catastrophe in his stories"
(5) Disguise by camouflaging; exploit the natural surroundings to disguise something
"The troops camouflaged themselves before they went into enemy territory"
- A disguise or covering up.
- The act of disguising.
- The use of natural or artificial material on personnel, objects, or tactical positions with the aim of confusing, misleading, or evading the enemy.
- A pattern on clothing consisting of irregularly shaped patches that are either greenish/brownish, brownish/whitish, or bluish/whitish, as used by ground combat forces.
- Clothes made from camouflage fabric, for concealment in combat or hunting.