(1) The front part of the trunk from the neck to the abdomen
"He beat his breast in anger"
(2) Either of two soft fleshy milk-secreting glandular organs on the chest of a woman
(3) Meat carved from the breast of a fowl
(4) Confront bodily
"Breast the storm"
(5) Reach the summit
"They breasted the mountain"
(6) Meet at breast level
"The runner breasted the tape"
From , from
- Either of the two fleshy organs on the front of a woman's chest, which contain the mammary glands; also the analogous organs in men.
- Tanya's breasts grew alarmingly during pregnancy.
- The chest, or front of the human thorax.
- The Wedding-Guest here beat his breast,
- For he heard the loud bassoon.
- — Samuel Taylor Coleridge, The Rime of the Ancient Mariner
- A section of clothing covering the breast area.
- The figurative seat of the emotions, feelings etc.; one's heart or innermost thoughts.
- She kindled hope in the breast of all who heard her.
- The ventral portion of an animal's thorax.
- The robin has a red breast.
- A choice cut of poultry, especially chicken or turkey, taken from the bird’s breast.
- Would you like breast or wing?
- To push against with the breast; to meet full on, to oppose, to face.
- He breasted the hill and saw the town before him.