(1) The narrow part of a bottle near the top
(2) A narrowing that reduces the flow through a channel
(3) Become narrow, like a bottleneck
"Right by the bridge, the road bottlenecks"
(4) Slow down or impede by creating an obstruction
"His laziness has bottlenecked our efforts to reform the system"
- the narrow portion that forms the pouring spout of a bottle; the neck of a bottle
- in traffic, any narrowing of the road, especially resulting in a delay
- any delay; part of a process that is too slow or cumbersome
- It is easy to create entries; processing the paperwork is the bottleneck.
- To slow by causing a bottleneck.
- The merge bottlenecked the traffic every morning.
- To form a bottleneck.
- The traffic bottlenecked at the merge every morning.