(1) Temperament or disposition
"A person of hot blood"
(2) The fluid (red in vertebrates) that is pumped by the heart
"Blood carries oxygen and nutrients to the tissues and carries waste products away"
"The ancients believed that blood was the seat of the emotions"
(3) People viewed as members of a group
"We need more young blood in this organization"
(4) The descendants of one individual
"His entire lineage has been warriors"
(5) A dissolute man in fashionable society
(6) Smear with blood, as in a hunting initiation rite, where the face of a person is smeared with the blood of the kill