(1) A navigational device that automatically keeps ships or planes or spacecraft on a steady course
(2) A cognitive state in which you act without self-awareness
"She went about her chores on automatic pilot"
"Too much of the writing seems to have been done on automatic pilot"
"She talked and he dozed and my mind went on autopilot"
- A mechanical, electrical, or hydraulic system used to guide a vehicle without assistance from a human being.
- I set the autopilot to due south, so I could get some rest.
- A state of mind where one no longer thinks about doing his actions, he just does them seemingly as a second nature
- I've been doing this 12 hours non-stop, and am so hungry and tired that I've stopped thinking, I'm now on autopilot.