SMAD may refer to:
- Sowjetische Militäradministration in DeutschlandSoviet Military Administration in GermanyThe Soviet Military Administration in Germany was the Soviet military government, headquartered in Berlin-Karlshorst, that directly ruled the Soviet occupation zone of Germany from the German surrender in May 1945 until after the establishment of the German Democratic Republic in October...
- SMAD (protein)SMAD (protein)SMADs are intracellular proteins that transduce extracellular signals from transforming growth factor beta ligands to the nucleus where they activate downstream TGF-β gene transcription....
– proteins involved in cell signaling
- R-SMADR-SMADR-SMAD stands for receptor-regulated SMAD. Smads are transcription factors that transduce extracellular TGF-ß superfamily ligand signaling from cell membrane bound TGF-ß receptors into the nucleus where they activate transcription TGF-ß target genes...
– receptor regulated SMAD proteins
- I-SMAD – inhibitory SMAD proteins
- SMAD – a house DJ based in New England.
- SMAD - solvated metal atom dispersion, a method to synthezise very small metal nanoparticles