A registration authority or maintenance agency is a body given the responsibility of maintaining lists of codes under international standards and issuing new codes to those wishing to register them . The
equivalent organization for Internet standard
s is the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority
equivalent organization for Internet standard
In computer network engineering, an Internet Standard is a normative specification of a technology or methodology applicable to the Internet. Internet Standards are created and published by the Internet Engineering Task Force .-Overview:...
s is the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority
Internet Assigned Numbers Authority
The Internet Assigned Numbers Authority is the entity that oversees global IP address allocation, autonomous system number allocation, root zone management in the Domain Name System , media types, and other Internet Protocol-related symbols and numbers...
ISO standardsISO standards having registration authorities are:
- ISO 4ISO 4ISO 4 is an international standard which defines a uniform system for the abbreviation of journal titles. The ISSN International Centre, which ISO has appointed as the registration authority for ISO 4, maintains the "List of Title Word Abbreviations", which are standard abbreviations for words...
-- defines a uniform system for the abbreviation of journal titles
- ISO 639ISO 639ISO 639 is a set of standards by the International Organization for Standardization that is concerned with representation of names for language and language groups....
-- lists short codes for language names
- ISO 2108 -- International Standard Book Numbers (ISBNs)
- ISO/IEC 2375 -- Procedure for registration of escape sequences and coded character sets, which governs registrations for ISO/IEC 646ISO/IEC 646ISO/IEC 646:1991, Information technology — ISO 7-bit coded character set for information interchange, is an ISO standard that since its first edition in 1972 has specified a 7-bit character code from which several national standards are derived...
(7-bit character codes) and ISO/IEC 2022ISO/IEC 2022ISO/IEC 2022 Information technology—Character code structure and extension techniques, is an ISO standard specifying...
(extended character codes)
- ISO 3166ISO 3166ISO 3166 is a standard published by the International Organization for Standardization . It defines codes for the names of countries, dependent territories, special areas of geographical interest, and their principal subdivisions . The official name of the standard is Codes for the representation...
-- codes for the representation of names of countries and their subdivisions
- ISO 3297 -- used to identify a print or electronic periodical publication (ISSN)
- ISO 3779 -- used to uniquely identify motor vehicles
- ISO 3780 -- used to uniquely identify motor vehicles
- ISO 3901 -- code for uniquely identifying sound recordings and music video recordings
- ISO 4100 -- code used to uniquely identify manufacturers of vehicle parts
- ISO 4217ISO 4217ISO 4217 is a standard published by the International Standards Organization, which delineates currency designators, country codes , and references to minor units in three tables:* Table A.1 – Current currency & funds code list...
-- describing three-letter codes to define the names of currencies
- ISO 4343ISO 4343ISO 4343 is an international standard language for computer numerical control of manufacturing machinery.This standard is also commonly referred to as APT...
-- numerical control of machines
- ISO 6166ISO 6166ISO 6166 defines the structure of an International Securities Identifying Number . An ISIN uniquely identifies a fungible security. Securities with which ISINs can be used are Equities, Fixed income & ETF's only....
-- uniquely identifies a fungible security
- ISO 6346ISO 6346ISO 6346 is an international standard covering the coding, identification and marking of intermodal containers used within containerized intermodal freight transport...
-- unique codes to freight containers
- ISO 6523ISO 6523defines a structure for uniquely identifying organizations and parts thereof in computer data interchange and specifies the registration procedure to obtain a so called „International Code Designator “ value for an identification scheme....
-- uniquely identifying organizations in computer data interchange
- ISO 7350 -- text communication - (see also ISO 10367 - 8-bit character codes)
- ISO 7372 -- lists international standard data elements
- ISO/IEC 7812 -- governing identification cards
- ISO/IEC 7816 -- electronic identification cards
- ISO 7942 -- standard for low-level computer graphics
- ISO 8583ISO 8583ISO 8583 Financial transaction card originated messages — Interchange message specifications is the International Organization for Standardization standard for systems that exchange electronic transactions made by cardholders using payment cards...
-- standard for systems that exchange electronic transactions made by cardholders
- ISO 8632 -- metafile for the storage and transfer of picture description information
- ISO 8651 -- standard for low-level computer graphics
- ISO 8802 -- Information processing systems
- ISO 8805 -- standard for low-level computer graphics
- ISO 8806 -- standard for low-level computer graphics
- ISO 8824 -- formal notation used for describing data transmitted by telecommunications protocols
- ISO/IEC 9070 -- Information technology -- SGML support facilities -- Registration procedures for public text owner identifiers. Describes the procedures whereby assignments of owner prefixes to owners of public text are made.
- ISO 9141 -- vehicle's self-diagnostic and reporting capability
- ISO 9281 -- information technology - picture coding methods
- ISO 9362ISO 9362ISO 9362 is a standard format of Business Identifier Codes approved by the International Organization for Standardization . It is a unique identification code for both financial and non-financial institutions...
-- standard format of Bank Identifier Codes
- ISO 9592 -- API standard for rendering 3D computer graphics
- ISO 9593 -- API standard for rendering 3D computer graphics
- ISO 9636 -- information technology - computer graphics
- ISO 9834 -- information technology - open systems interconnection
- ISO 9897ISO 9897ISO 9897 is an international standard for electronic interchange relating to freight containers. It is also known as CEDEX as an acronym of Container Equipment Data Exchange...
-- freight containers - general communication codes
- ISO 9973 -- information technology - computer graphics
- ISO 9979 -- register of cryptographic algorithms
- ISO 10036 -- describes how to add glyphs to an international standard for glyphs
- ISO 10160ISO 10160ISO 10160 is the ISO standard that defines the terminology that is used for interlibrary loan transactions between various document exchange systems such as VDX. It is closely related to ISO 10161, the Interlibrary Loan Application Protocol....
-- defines the terminology that is used for interlibrary loan transactions
- ISO 10161ISO 10161ISO 10161 is the ISO standard that defines the interlibrary loan application protocol for communication between various document exchange systems. It allows ILL systems at different libraries and residing on different hardware platforms and using different software packages such as VDX to...
-- defines the interlibrary loan application protocol
- ISO 10383ISO 10383ISO 10383 is an ISO standard which "specifies a universal method of identifying exchanges, trading platforms and regulated or non-regulated markets as sources of prices and related information in order to facilitate automated processing." The codes defined by the standard are known as Market...
-- defines codes for stock markets
- ISO 10444 -- information and documentation - international standard technical report number
- ISO 10486 -- Car radio identification number
- ISO 10641 -- information technology - computer graphics and image processing
- ISO 10957 -- ten-character alphanumeric identifier for printed music
- ISO 10962ISO 10962ISO 10962 is the CFI code maintained by the International Organization for Standardization . It is an alphabetical code consisting of 6 letters. The first letter is the category, the second is the group, and the remaining letters show special attributes of the group...
-- classification of financial instruments
- ISO 11076 -- aerospace—aircraft de-icing/anti-icing methods with fluids
- ISO 11576 -- IT - registration of algorithms for lossless compression
- ISO 13499 -- describes the exchange of multimedia vehicle safety test data
- ISO 13522 -- IT - coding of multimedia and hypermedia information
- ISO 13764 -- space data and information transfer systems
- ISO 13800 -- IT - registration of identifiers and attributes for volume and file structure
- ISO 13818 -- generic coding of moving pictures and associated audio
- ISO 14496 -- MPEG-4
- ISO 15022ISO 15022ISO 15022 is an ISO standard for messaging used in securities trading. Participants in the financial industry need a common representation of the financial transactions they perform and this standard defines general message schema, which in turn are used by organizations to define messages in a...
-- securities messaging standard
- ISO 15292ISO 15292ISO 15292, "Information technology – Security techniques – Protection Profile registration procedures" establishes an international registry for Protection Profiles and packages used in computer security evaluation under the Common Criteria framework...
-- registration of procedures used in computer security evaluation
- ISO 15511 -- assigns a unique number to every library in the world
- ISO 15706 -- unique identifier for audiovisual works and related versions
- ISO 15707 -- unique identifier for musical works
- ISO 15897ISO 15897ISO 15897 is an ISO standard for the registration of new POSIX locales and POSIX charmaps.Items registered in the registry are:*Narrative Cultural Specifications*POSIX Locales*POSIX Charmaps*Repertoiremaps...
-- registration of new POSIX locales and POSIX charmaps
- ISO 15924ISO 15924ISO 15924, Codes for the representation of names of scripts, defines two sets of codes for a number of writing systems . Each script is given both a four-letter code and a numeric one....
-- codes for the representation of names of writing systems
- ISO 18245ISO 18245ISO 18245 is an ISO standard concerning the assignment of Merchant Category Codes in retail financial services.These are used to control usage of corporate credit cards. MCCs are assigned by merchant type , with each merchant being assigned an MCC by the bank...
-- the assignment of Merchant Category Codes
- ISO 21000 -- MPEG-21
- ISO 23950 -- protocol for searching and retrieving information from remote computer databases
- ISO/IEC 24727ISO/IEC 24727ISO/IEC 24727 is the first international standard to address the need for creation of a layered framework to support interoperability of smart cards providing identification, authentication, and signature services....
-- Identification cards - Integrated circuit card programming interfaces
- IEEE registration authorityIEEE Registration AuthorityThe IEEE Registration Authority is the administrative body that is responsible for registering and administering Organizationally Unique Identifiers and other types of identifiers which are used in the computer and electronics industries The...
- International Cultivar Registration AuthorityInternational Cultivar Registration AuthorityAn International Cultivation Registration Authority is an organization responsible for ensuring that each plant cultivar receives a unique, authoritative botanical name....
- Internet Assigned Numbers AuthorityInternet Assigned Numbers AuthorityThe Internet Assigned Numbers Authority is the entity that oversees global IP address allocation, autonomous system number allocation, root zone management in the Domain Name System , media types, and other Internet Protocol-related symbols and numbers...
- National Internet registryNational Internet RegistryA National Internet Registry is an organization under the umbrella of a Regional Internet Registry with the task of coordinating IP address allocations and other Internet resource management functions at a national level within a country or economic unit.NIRs operate primarily in the Asia Pacific...