Mutual aid may refer to:
- Mutual aid (organization), a tenet of organization theories.
- Mutual aid (emergency services)Mutual aid (emergency services)In emergency services, mutual aid is an agreement among emergency responders to lend assistance across jurisdictional boundaries. This may occur due to an emergency response that exceeds local resources, such as a disaster or a multiple-alarm fire. Mutual aid may be ad hoc, requested only when...
, an agreement between emergency responders.
- Mutual Aid: A Factor of EvolutionMutual Aid: A Factor of EvolutionMutual Aid: A Factor of Evolution is a book by Peter Kropotkin on the subject of mutual aid, written while he was living in exile in England. It was first published by William Heinemann in London in October 1902...
, a biology book by anarchist Peter Kropotkin
- Mutual aid, in social work with groups.
- Mutual aid society, various organizations formed for the benefit of members.
- Mutualism (biology), a concept of biological interaction.
- Mutualism (economic theory)Mutualism (economic theory)Mutualism is an anarchist school of thought that originates in the writings of Pierre-Joseph Proudhon, who envisioned a society where each person might possess a means of production, either individually or collectively, with trade representing equivalent amounts of labor in the free market...
, an anarchist economic theory.