A moneylender is a person or group who offers small personal loans at high rates of interest
Interest is a fee paid by a borrower of assets to the owner as a form of compensation for the use of the assets. It is most commonly the price paid for the use of borrowed money, or money earned by deposited funds....
- MicrofinanceMicrofinanceMicrofinance is the provision of financial services to low-income clients or solidarity lending groups including consumers and the self-employed, who traditionally lack access to banking and related services....
- provision of financial services to low-income individuals.
- Loan SharkLoan sharkA loan shark is a person or body that offers unsecured loans at illegally high interest rates to individuals, often enforcing repayment by blackmail or threats of violence....
- moneylender that offers unsecured loans with high interest rates, and often uses threats of violence or blackmail to force repayment.
- SarakinSarakinis a Japanese term for a legal moneylender who makes unsecured loans at high interest. It is a contraction of the Japanese words for salaryman and loan...
– the Japanese term for moneylender.