Frankfurt Trade Fair
Frankfurt Trade Fair with 448,000,000 Euros in sales and over 1,600 active employees, is one of the world's largest trade fair companies. The group has a global network of 28 subsidiaries, five branch offices, and 52 international sales partners. Thus, the Messe Frankfurt is present in over 150 countries to their customers. At more than 30 locations in the world events "made by Messe frankfurt" take place. In 2010, Messe Frankfurt organised a total of 87 trade fairs, of which more than half took place outside Germany. At 578,000 square metres, Messe Frankfurt currently has ten exhibition halls, a central logistics centre, and an attached convention centre. The company is in the public sector, the shareholders are the City of Frankfurt, with 60 percent and the State of Hesse with 40 percent. The Board of Management of Messe Frankfurt consists of Wolfgang Marzin, Detlef Braun, and Uwe Behm.
Size and LocationFrankfurt is the third-largest trade fair in the world. It has a total area of 578,000 square metres (6,221,540 square feet). It has nine halls with a total of 321,754 square meters (3,463,331 square feet) of exhibition space and 96,078 square metres (1,034,175 square feet) of outdoor area more available.
The exhibition grounds is located in the Bockenheim
Bockenheim (Frankfurt am Main)
Bockenheim is a district or Stadtteil of Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Germany. It is part of the Ortsbezirk Innenstadt II, and is subdivided into 7 Stadtbezirke. It is in the west-central part of the city and covers an area of 540.1 ha...
Westend (Frankfurt am Main)
The Westend area of Frankfurt contains the two districts of Westend-Nord and Westend-Süd. The Westend with its Wilhelminian style buildings is a beloved residential quarter...
districts in the west of Frankfurt
Frankfurt am Main , commonly known simply as Frankfurt, is the largest city in the German state of Hesse and the fifth-largest city in Germany, with a 2010 population of 688,249. The urban area had an estimated population of 2,300,000 in 2010...
. It has direct highway access (the Bundesautobahn 648) and parking on the Vine Area. By public transport it on the subway - and tram station Festhalle / Messe (lines U4, 16 and 17) and the S-Bahn station Messe Frankfurt (lines S3 to S6) to reach.
ArchitectureThe oldest building in the Trade Fair grounds is the Festhalle
Festhalle is a term used to describe a German arena or community center. The root meaning of the name "Fest-halle" literally means Feast-Hall, but is best translated as Festival Hall or Civic Center...
, a self-supporting dome structure made of steel and glass that was first opened to visitors on 19 May 1909. In the 1980s, the fairgrounds was enlarged into its present form.
A tall Hammering Man
Hammering Man is a series of monumental kinetic sculptures designed by Jonathan Borofsky which have been installed in various cities around the world.-Frankfurt:...
sculpture stands on the pavement near its main entrance.
Exhibitions & Trade FairsImportant fairs include:
- the Frankfurt Book FairFrankfurt Book FairThe Frankfurt Book Fair is the world's largest trade fair for books, based on the number of publishing companies represented. As to the number of visitors, the Turin Book Fair attracts about as many visitors, viz. some 300,000....
- the Internationale Automobil-AusstellungInternationale Automobil-AusstellungThe Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung , also known as the Frankfurt Motor Show or Frankfurt Auto Show, is one of the world's largest motor shows. It is held biennially in Frankfurt, Germany. The show occupies 12 buildings.The IAA is organized by the Association of the German Automotive Industry...
, the world's largest book and auto shows, respectively.
- the Light+BuildingLight+buildinglight+building is a biennial architecture and technology trade fair mainly focused on the fields of building design, lighting, electro-technology and building automation held at the Messe Frankfurt in Frankfurt am Main, Germany....
- the tendence - lifestyle
- the Ambiente
- the Heimtextil
- the Paperworld
- the MusikmesseMusikmesseMusikmesse Frankfurt is a music fair held at the Frankfurt Trade Fair in Frankfurt am Main, Germany. It is the world's largest music fair and it has been held annually for over 25 years.The Frankfurter Musikpreis award is also handed out during the fair....
- the EuroMold
- the ISHIshIsh may refer to:*Chazon Ish, sobriquet of Rabbi Avraham Yeshayahu Karelitz*the Sanskrit for "lord", see Ishvara*Ishan Morris, Canadian singer and actor*Ish Kabibble , comedian and cornet player...
- the Automechanika, leading international trade fair for the automotive industry
- the Texcare International
- the Texprocess
- the Material Vision
- the ACHEMAAchemaAchema is the largest fertilizer producer in the Baltic states. It is located in the city of Jonava in central Lithuania. Achema employs about 1700 workers...
- International exhibition-congress on chemical engineering, environmental protection and biotechnology
- Frankfurt Trade Fair
- International Sales Partner in Poland
- Hong Kong International Lighting Fair (Autumn Edition)
- Hong Kong International Lighting Fair (Spring Edition)
- HKTDC Hong Kong Gifts & Premium Fair
- HKTDC Hong Kong Houseware Fair
- HKTDC Hong Kong International Home Textiles Fair
- Hong Kong Toys & Games Fair
- Hong Kong International Stationery Fair
- Summer Sourcing Show for Gifts, Houseware & Toys
- Messe Frankfurt - Events 2010