Executive may refer to:
- Executive (government)Executive (government)Executive branch of Government is the part of government that has sole authority and responsibility for the daily administration of the state bureaucracy. The division of power into separate branches of government is central to the idea of the separation of powers.In many countries, the term...
, branch of government that has sole authority and responsibility for the daily administration of the state bureaucracy
- Executive (Lebanese magazine), monthly news magazine established in 1999
- Executive (management), senior manager in a corporation
- Chief executive officerChief executive officerA chief executive officer , managing director , Executive Director for non-profit organizations, or chief executive is the highest-ranking corporate officer or administrator in charge of total management of an organization...
(CEO), one of the highest-ranking corporate officers (executives) or administrators
- Executive directorExecutive directorExecutive director is a term sometimes applied to the chief executive officer or managing director of an organization, company, or corporation. It is widely used in North American non-profit organizations, though in recent decades many U.S. nonprofits have adopted the title "President/CEO"...
, the senior manager of an organization, company, or corporation
- Executive EducationExecutive EducationExecutive Education refers to academic programs at leading graduate-level business schools worldwide for executives, business leaders and functional managers. These programs are non-credit and non-degree granting...
, term used for programs at graduate-level business schools that aim to give classes for managers or entrepreneurs
- Executive officerExecutive officerAn executive officer is generally a person responsible for running an organization, although the exact nature of the role varies depending on the organization.-Administrative law:...
, high ranking member of a corporation body, government or military
- Music executiveMusic executiveA music executive or record executive is person within a record label who works in senior management, making executive decisions over the label's artists...
or record executive, person within a record label who works in senior management
- Studio executive, employee of a film studio
- Chief executive officer
- Account executiveAccount executiveThe job role executive admin. covers various descriptions depending on the specific industry covering mainly marketing role.In IT organizations, an account executives is a senior management role, responsible for executing large contracts. Control of the Profit & Loss is one of the main...
, a job title given by a number of marketing agencies to usually trainee staff, who report to account managers
- Executive (operating system), the operating system for the ICL 290x range of computers
- Executive carExecutive carExecutive car is a British term that refers to a car's size and is used to describe an automobile larger than a large family car. In official use, the term is adopted by EuroNCAP, a European organisation founded to test car safety.- History :...
, British term that refers to a car's size and is used to describe an automobile larger than a large family car
- Executive format, special paper size in the United States and Canada
- Executive functionsExecutive functionsThe executive system is a theorized cognitive system in psychology that controls and manages other cognitive processes. It is responsible for processes that are sometimes referred to as the executive function, executive functions, supervisory attentional system, or cognitive control...
or executive system, theorized cognitive system in psychology that controls and manages other cognitive processes
- The Executive, fictional belt-less raincoat in the American sitcom Seinfeld
- The Windows Executive, internal part of modern Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Executive order (disambiguation), an edict issued by a member of the executive branch of a government