- Dupree, A. H.A. Hunter DupreeAnderson Hunter Dupree is a distinguished American historian and one of the pioneer historians of the history of science and technology in the United States.-Early Education and Education:...
Asa Gray, 1810–1888. Cambridge, MA: Belknap Press of Harvard University Press, 1959.
- Gray, Jane Loring, ed. Letters of Asa Gray. Boston: Houghton Mifflin, 1894.
- Scientific Papers of Asa Gray, Volume I, selected by Charles Sprague Sargent
- Scientific Papers of Asa Gray, Volume II, selected by Charles Sprague Sargent
- Charles Darwin and Asa Gray Discuss Teleology and Design, by Sara Joan Miles. (American Scientific Affiliation)
- Brief Biography and timeline of Asa Gray's life at the website of the Gray Herbarium in Harvard
- A flora of North America, Wiley & Putnam, 1838–1843. Two volumes. With John Torrey
- Gray's Botanical text-book, American Book Company, 1879. Two volumes.
- Gray's school and field book of botany, American Book Company, 1887
- Introduction to structural and systematic botany and vegetable physiology, Phinney & Co., 1862.
- A manual of the botany of the northern United States, 1848. With William Starling Sullivant.
- A natural system of botany, 1837.
- Plantae Wrightianae e Cuba orientali/A. Grisebach, American Academy of Arts and Sciences, 1860–1862. With A. Grisebach and Charles Wright
- Synoptical flora of North America : the Gamopetalae, a second edition of vol. I, pt. II, and vol. II, pt. I / collected by Asa Gray, Smithsonian Institution, 1888.
- Synoptical flora of North America, American Book Company, 1878–1895/97.