Armed Forces Personnel Administration Agency
The Armed Forces Personnel Administration Agency (AFPAA) was a UK Ministry of Defence Tri-Service Defence Agency from April 1997 until it was merged into the Service Personnel and Veterans Agency
Service Personnel and Veterans Agency
The Service Personnel and Veterans Agency was officially launched on 2 April 2007 and is part of the UK Ministry of Defence. SPVA provides personnel, pensions, welfare and support services to members of the UK Armed Forces and veterans and their dependents...
on 2 April 2007.
Its role was to provide a full range of pay, pensions and personnel administration services to the British Armed Forces. In January 1998 the Agency’s commercial Public Private Partnership (PPP) partner, Electronic Data Systems
Electronic Data Systems
HP Enterprise Services is the global business and technology services division of Hewlett Packard's HP Enterprise Business strategic business unit. It was formed by the combination of HP's legacy services consulting and outsourcing business and the integration of acquired Electronic Data Systems,...
Defence Ltd (EDS), assumed responsibility for the delivery of Information Systems.
AFPAA operated from sites at Gosport
Gosport is a town, district and borough situated on the south coast of England, within the county of Hampshire. It has approximately 80,000 permanent residents with a further 5,000-10,000 during the summer months...
Glasgow is the largest city in Scotland and third most populous in the United Kingdom. The city is situated on the River Clyde in the country's west central lowlands...
, RAF Innsworth
Imjin Barracks in Gloucestershire became the home of the Headquarters Allied Rapid Reaction Corps in 2010.The Barracks were named after the Battle of Imjin because of the connection with the Gloucestershire Regiment which formed part of the United Nations contingent in the Korean War, and was...
and RAF Worthy Down
RAF Worthy Down
Worthy Down Barracks is a British Army barracks near Winchester, Hampshire. It is the headquarters and depot of the Adjutant General's Corps and is part of the Winchester Garrison...
- October 2001. The Army’s Personnel, Pay and Pensions administration (PPPA) organisation transferred to AFPAA.
- September 2002. The incorporation of the Joint Personnel Administration Strategy Study within AFPAA ensured closer liaison with the rest of the Agency as the Joint Personnel AdministrationJoint Personnel AdministrationJoint Personnel Administration is the intranet-based personnel administration system used by the British Armed Forces from April 2006 onwards, replacing the separate payment and administration teams from each Force...
(JPA) project moved forward.
- June 2004. Creation of Tri-Service pensions delivery in Glasgow as the first phase of Joint Personnel Administration Centre (JPAC) implementation.
- April 2005. Joint Casualty and Compassionate Centre (JCCC) and MoD Medal Office fully operational.
- March 2006. Roll-out of Joint Personnel Administration (JPA) to the Royal Air ForceRoyal Air ForceThe Royal Air Force is the aerial warfare service branch of the British Armed Forces. Formed on 1 April 1918, it is the oldest independent air force in the world...