Scent of a Woman
Topics Scent of a Woman Quotations
Scent of a Woman is a 1992 film which tells the story of a preparatory school student who takes a job as an assistant to an irascible blind, medically retired Army officer.The story takes us on journey where the colonel plans to spend the last of his life doing things which he always wanted to do . Once he is over with his list of things. he loses hope ,the hope is revived by the young intern , who pursues him to go on with life. in the end the colonel helps the intern in getting over his dilemma, should he save his career or his classmates ??
(Sits down, round of applause from audience) How's that for cornball?
- When in doubt, fuck!
- If you make a mistake and get all tangled up, you just tango on.
- The IQ of sloths and the manners of Banshees! He's a car-mechanic, she's a home-maker! He knows as much about cars as a beauty queen and she bakes cookies that taste like wing-nuts. As for the tots, they're twits.
- There are two kinds of people, those who face the fire and those who run for cover. Cover's better!
- I like it when you hurt me!
- "What are the chances of me suiting you up sometime?
- What life?!? I got no life! I'm in the dark here! You understand? I'm in the dark!
- I'm too old, I'm too tired, I'm too fucking blind.
- Outta' order? Outta' order?! I show you outta' order!
- Makers of men, creators of leaders, be careful what kind of leaders you're producing here.
- Women! What could you say? Who made 'em? God must have been a fuckin' genius. The hair... they say the hair is everything, you know. Have you ever buried your nose in a mountain of curls... just wanted to go to sleep forever? Or lips... and when they touched, yours were like... that first swallow of wine... after you just crossed the desert. Tits. Hoo-ah! Big ones, little ones, nipples staring right out at ya, like secret searchlights. Mmm. Legs. I don't care if they're Greek columns... or secondhand Steinways. What's between 'em... passport to heaven. I need a drink. Yes, Mr Sims, there's only two syllables in this whole wide world worth hearing: pussy. Hah! Are you listenin' to me, son? I'm givin' ya pearls here.
- If I were the man I was five years ago, I'd take a flamethrower to this place!
- But there is nothin' like the sight of an amputated spirit.
- You think you're just sendin' this fine, upstanding young man back to Oregon with his tail between his legs. But I say, you are executin' his soul! And why? Because he's not "a Baird man". You hurt this boy, you'll be Baird bums, the lot o' you.
- How's that for cornball?
- The day we stop looking, is the day we die.
- PUERTO RICANS!!! They always made the best infantry men!
- It's fuck your buddy. Cheat on your wife. Call your mother on mother's day. It's all shit, Charlie.
- You're not bad. ...you're just in pain.
- I'll give you two. You can dance the tango and drive a Ferrari better than anyone I've ever seen.
- Trask: Mr. Sims, you are a cover-up artist and you are a liar.
- Frank Slade: But he's not a snitch!
- Trask: Excuse me?
- Frank Slade: No, I don't think I will.
- Trask: Mr. Slade!
- Frank Slade:This is such a crock of shit!
- Trask: Please watch your language, Mr. Slade. You are in the Baird School not the barracks. Now Mr. Sims I will give you one final opportunity to speak up.
- Frank Slade: Mr. Sims doesn't want it. He doesn't need to be labeled, "...still worthy of being a 'Baird Man.'" What the hell is that? What is your motto here? Boys, inform on your classmates, save your hide. Anything short of that we're gonna burn you at the stake? Well, gentlemen. When the shit hits the fan, some guys run and some guys stay. Here's Charlie--facing the fire, and there's George--hiding in big Daddy's pocket. And what are you doing? You're gonna reward George, and destroy Charlie.
- Trask: Are you finished, Mr. Slade?
- Frank Slade: No. I'm just gettin' warmed up. I don't know who went to this place--William Howard Taft, William Jennings Bryan, William Tell--whoever. Their spirit is dead; if they ever had one, it's gone. You're building a rat ship here. A vessel for sea-going snitches. And if you think your preparing these "minnows" for manhood, you better think again. Because I say you are killing the very spirit this institution proclaims it instills! What a sham! What kind of show are you guys puttin' on here today? I mean, the only class in this act is sittin' next to me. And I'm here to tell you, this boy's soul is in tact. It is non-negotiable. You know how I know? Because someone here--I'm not gonna say who--offered to buy it. Only Charlie here wasn't selling.
- Mr.Trask: Sir, you are out of order!
- Frank Slade: Out of order, I'll show you out of order! You don't know what out of order is Mr. Trask! I'd show you but I'm too old, I'm too tired, and I'm too fuckin' blind. If I were the man I was five years ago I'd take a flame-thrower to this place. Out of order? Who the hell do you think you're talking to!? I've been around, you know? There was a time I could see. And I have seen, boys like these, younger than these, their arms torn out, their legs ripped off. But there is nothin' like the sight of an amputated spirit. There is no prosthetic for that. You think you're merely sending this splendid foot-soldier back home to Oregon with his tail between his legs, but I say "you are executing his soul!" And why? Because he's not a Baird man. Baird men, you hurt this boy, you're going to be Baird Bums, the lot of ya. And Harry, Jimmy, Trent, wherever you are out there, fuck you too!
- Mr. Trask: Stand down Mr. Slade!
- Frank Slade: I'm not finished! As I came in here, I heard those words...cradle of leadership. Well, when the bough breaks, the cradle will fall. And it has fallen here, it has fallen! Makers of men, creators of leaders, be careful what kind of leaders you're producing here. I don't know if Charlie's silence here today is right or wrong; I'm no judge or jury. But I can tell you this; he won't sell anybody out to buy his future! And that, my friends, is called integrity. That's called courage. Now that's the stuff leaders should be made of. (pause) Now I have come to the crossroads in my life. I always knew what the right path was. Without exception, I knew. But I never took it. You know why? It was too damn hard. Now here's Charlie; he's come to the crossroads. He has chosen a path. It's the right path. It's a path made of principle, that leads to character. Let him continue on his journey. You hold this boy's future in your hands, committee! It's a valuable future. Believe me! Don't destroy it...protect it...embrace it. It's gonna make you proud one day...I promise you.
(Sits down, round of applause from audience) How's that for cornball?
- Lt. Col. Frank Slade: Clear them little bottles off. And when I get off the phone here, call up Hyman and tell him I want it wall to wall with John Daniels.
- Charlie Simms: Don't you mean Jack Daniels?
- Lt. Col. Frank Slade: He may be Jack to you son, but when you've known him as long as I have... that's a joke.
Silverdale Interactive © 2023. All Rights Reserved.