Anthony Colin Bruce Chapman
(9 May, 1928 - 16 December, 1982) was the founder of the British sports car company Lotus
and principal of Team Lotus, which won the Formula 1 World Championship seven times.
- You won't catch me driving a race car that I have built. (A clever double entendre, as numerous photos exist of Chapman driving racing cars he built.)
- Make the suspension adjustable and they will adjust it wrong -- look what they can do to a Weber carburetor in just a few moments of stupidity with a screwdriver.
- To add speed, add lightness.
- Any car which holds together for more than a race is too heavy. (Tongue-in-cheek, as race cars must test and qualify before the start of any race.)
- Accountants are the scorers of industry; they have nothing to do with playing the game. (Probably not tongue-in-cheek, as he was implicated in the De Lorean scandal shortly before his death.)
- Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere.
See also: list of people by name