(1) The activity of putting something in written form
"She did the thinking while he did the writing"
(2) The act of creating written works
"Writing was a form of therapy for him"
"It was a matter of disputed authorship"
(3) Letters or symbols written or imprinted on a surface to represent the sounds or words of a language
"He turned the paper over so the writing wouldn't show"
"The doctor's writing was illegible"
(4) The work of a writer; anything expressed in letters of the alphabet (especially when considered from the point of view of style and effect)
"The writing in her novels is excellent"
"That editorial was a fine piece of writing"
(5) (usually plural) the collected work of an author
"The idea occurs with increasing frequency in Hemingway's writings"
- Graphism of symbols such as letters that express some meaning.
- Something written, such as a document, article or book.
- The process of representing a language with symbols or letters.
- A work of an author.
- The style of writing of a person.
- I can't read your writing.
- Intended for or used in writing.
- a writing table