(1) Being without sound through injury or illness and thus incapable of all but whispered speech
(2) Uttered without voice
"Could hardly hear her breathed plea, `Help me'"
(3) Deprived of the rights of citizenship especially the right to vote
" labor was voiceless"
"Disenfrenchised masses took to the streets"
(4) Produced without vibration of the vocal cords
"Unvoiced consonants such as `p' and `k' and `s'"
- Lacking a voice, without vocal sound.
- 1994, Loreena McKennitt - The Mystic's Dream
- A voiceless song in an ageless light
- Sings at the coming dawn
- Birds in flight are calling there
- Where the heart moves the stones
- It's there that my heart is calling
- All for the love of you.
- Spoken without vibration of the vocal cords; unvoiced. Examples: [t], [s], [f].