(1) Everything stated or assumed in a given discussion
(2) (statistics) the entire aggregation of items from which samples can be drawn
"It is an estimate of the mean of the population"
(3) Everything that exists anywhere
"They study the evolution of the universe"
"The biggest tree in existence"
From , from , neut. of , from , combining form of + , perfect passive participle of .
- The sum of everything that exists in the cosmos, including time and space itself; same as the Universe.
- An entity similar to our Universe; one component of a larger entity known as the multiverse.
- Everything under consideration.
- In all this universe of possibilities, there is only one feasible option.
- An imaginary collection of worlds.
- The universe in this comic book series is richly imagined.
- Intense form of world in the sense of perspective or social setting.
- That didn’t just rock my world, it rocked my universe.