(1) A departure; especially of airplanes
(2) Humorous or satirical mimicry
(3) A composition that imitates somebody's style in a humorous way
(4) The initial ascent of an airplane as it becomes airborne
- The rising or ascent aircraft or rocket into flight.
- The flight was smooth, but the takeoff was a little rough.
- A parody or lampoon of someone or something.
- Weird Al's song "Lasagna" is a takeoff on the popular song "La Bamba".
- A quantification, esp. of building materials.
- I'll give you an estimate after I do the quantity takeoffs for the trusses and structural steel.