(1) A tall tower that forms the superstructure of a building (usually a church or temple) and that tapers to a point at the top
- A slender stalk or blade in vegetation; as, a spire grass or of wheat.
- A tapering body that shoots up or out to a point in a conical or pyramidal form. Specifically (Architecture), the roof of a tower when of a pyramidal form and high in proportion to its width; also, the pyramidal or aspiring termination of a tower which can not be said to have a roof, such as that of Strasburg cathedral; the tapering part of a steeple, or the steeple itself.
- A tube or fuse for communicating fire to the charge in blasting.
- The top, or uppermost point, of anything; the summit.
From from .