(1) Firearm that is a double-barreled smoothbore shoulder weapon for firing shot at short ranges
From shot + gun. Front passenger seat sense comes from .
- A gun which fires loads consisting of small metal balls, called shot, from a cartridge.
- The front passenger seat in a vehicle, next to the driver.
- I call shotgun! (I claim the right to sit in the passenger seat.)
- A one-story dwelling with no hallways or corridors, with the rooms arranged in a straight line. Mostly heard in the southern United States.
- Elvis Presley was born in a two-bedroom shotgun in Tupelo, Mississippi.
- A play formation in which the quarterback is a few feet behind the snapper when the ball is hiked, ideally allowing for an easier pass play.
- To inhale from a pipe or other smoking device, followed shortly by an exhalation into someone else’s mouth.
- To verbally lay claim to (something)
- I got a day off because I shotgunned it.
- To hit the ball directly back at the pitcher.
- To rapidly drink a beverage from a can by making a hole in the bottom of the can, placing the hole above one's mouth, and opening the top.
- Of or relating to a shotgun.
- The ground was littered with shotgun shells.
- Occuring as a result of the threat of force.
- Utilizing numerous or highly diverse means to achieve a particular result.