(1) The act of rotating as if on an axis
"The rotation of the dancer kept time with the music"
(2) A planned recurrent sequence (of crops or personnel etc.)
"Crop rotation makes a balanced demand on the fertility of the soil"
"The manager had only four starting pitchers in his rotation"
(3) A single complete turn (axial or orbital)
"The plane made three rotations before it crashed"
"The revolution of the earth about the sun takes one year"
(4) (mathematics) a transformation in which the coordinate axes are rotated by a fixed angle about the origin
- the act of turning around a centre or an axis
- a single complete cycle of such a turning
- a transformation of a coordinate system by rotating the axes around the origin
- a regular variation in a sequence, such as crop rotation
- The set of starting pitchers of a team.