(1) Markedly new or introducing radical change
"A revolutionary discovery"
"Radical political views"
(2) Advocating or engaged in revolution
"A revolutionary junta"
(3) Relating to or having the nature of a revolution
"The Revolutionary era"
(4) Of or relating to or characteristic or causing an axial or orbital turn
(5) A radical supporter of political or social revolution
- Of or pertaining to a revolution in government; tending to, or promoting, revolution; as, revolutionary war; revolutionary measures; revolutionary agitators.
- pertaining to something that portends of great change; overthrowing a standing mindset
- pertaining to something that revolves