(1) The mistake of not following suit when able to do so
(2) Annul by recalling or rescinding
"He revoked the ban on smoking"
"Lift an embargo"
"Vacate a death sentence"
(3) Fail to follow suit when able and required to do so
- To cancel or invalidate by withdrawing or reversing
- Your driver's license will be revoked.
- To fail to follow suit in a game of cards
- The act of revoking in a game of cards.
- A renege; a violation of important rules regarding the play of tricks in trick-taking card games serious enough to render the round invalid.
- A violation ranked in seriousness somewhat below overt cheating, with the status of a more minor offense only because, when it happens, it is usually accidental.