(1) Act of turning to for assistance
"Have recourse to the courts"
"An appeal to his uncle was his last resort"
(2) Something or someone turned to for assistance or security
"His only recourse was the police"
"Took refuge in lying"
(3) A frequently visited place
(4) A hotel located in a resort area
(5) Move, travel, or proceed toward some place
"He repaired to his cabin in the woods"
- A compound of buildings and facilities located in a scenic area, providing lodgings, entertainment, and a relaxing environment to people on vacation.
- to choose a less desirable course of action out of necessity or frustration