(1) A shrewd or unscrupulous person who knows how to circumvent difficulties
(2) An agent that operates some apparatus or machine
"The operator of the switchboard"
(3) Someone who owns or operates a business
"Who is the operator of this franchise?"
(4) A speculator who trades aggressively on stock or commodity markets
(5) (mathematics) a symbol that represents a function from functions to functions
"The integral operator"
- One who operates.
- A telecommunications facilitator whose job is to establish temporary network connections.
- A function or other mapping that carries variables defined on a domain into another variable or set of variables in a defined range.
- Another name for Chinese whispers.
- A person who is adept at making deals or getting results, especially one who uses questionable methods.
- A member of a military Special Operations unit.
- The administrator of a channel or network on IRC.
- surgeon (doctor who performs surgery)