(1) A common nonmetallic element that is normally a colorless odorless tasteless inert diatomic gas; constitutes 78 percent of the atmosphere by volume; a constituent of all living tissues
From nitrogène (coined by Lavoisier), corresponding to nitro- + -gen.
- A chemical element (symbol N) with an atomic number of 7 and atomic weight of 14.0067.
- Molecular nitrogen (N2), a colorless, odorless gas at room temperature.
- A specific nitrogen within a chemical formula, or a specific isotope of nitrogen
- The two nitrogens are located next to one another on the ring.