(1) The act of grinding to a powder or dust
(2) A plant consisting of one or more buildings with facilities for manufacturing
(3) Machinery that processes materials by grinding or crushing
(4) English philosopher and economist remembered for his interpretations of empiricism and utilitarianism (1806-1873)
(5) Scottish philosopher who expounded Bentham's utilitarianism; father of John Stuart Mill (1773-1836)
(6) Grind with a mill
(7) Roll out (metal) with a rolling machine
(8) Produce a ridge around the edge of
"Mill a coin"
(9) Move about in a confused manner
- A grinding apparatus for substances such as grains, seeds, etc.
- The building housing such a grinding apparatus.
- A manufacturing plant for paper, steel, textiles, etc.
- A building housing such a plant.
- An establishment that handles a certain type of situation routinely, such as a divorce mill, etc.