(1) Produced by mammary glands of female mammals for feeding their young
(2) A white nutritious liquid secreted by mammals and used as food by human beings
(3) Any of several nutritive milklike liquids
(4) A river that rises in the Rockies in northwestern Montana and flows eastward to become a tributary of the Missouri River
(5) Take milk from female mammals
"Cows need to be milked every morning"
(6) Add milk to
"Milk the tea"
(7) Exploit as much as possible
"I am milking this for all it's worth"
From ; compare Danish , Dutch , West Frisian , German , Norwegian , Swedish , Yiddish . Polish
- A white liquid produced by the mammary glands of mammals to nourish their young, especially that which comes from a cow.
- A white (or whitish) colored liquid obtained from a vegetable source such as soy beans, coconuts, almonds, rice, oats. Also called non-dairy milk.
- An individual serving of milk.
- Table three ordered three milks. (Formally: The guests at table three ordered three glasses of milk.)
- 2007 September 24, Chris Horseman (interviewee), Emily Harris (reporter), “Global Dairy Demand Drives Up Prices”, Morning Edition, National Public Radio
- there's going to be that much less milk available to cover any other uses. Which means whether it's liquid milk or whether it's cheese or yogurt, the price gets pulled up right across the board.