(1) A man who is very old
(2) (Old Testament) a patriarch (grandfather of Noah) who is said to have lived 969 years
- The oldest person whose age is recorded in the Hebrew Bible, having reportedly lived 969 years.
- Any person or thing that has lived to a very old age.
- 1611 — King James Version of the Bible, Genesis 5:25-26
- And Methuselah lived an hundred eighty and seven years, and begat Lamech: And Methuselah lived after he begat Lamech seven hundred eighty and two years, and begat sons and daughters: