(1) The ancient kingdom of Philip II and Alexander the Great in the southeastern Balkans that is now divided among modern Macedonia and Greece and Bulgaria
(2) Landlocked republic on the Balkan Peninsula; achieved independence from Yugoslavia in 1991
From , from , from .
- An ancient kingdom north of Thessaly, usually termed Macedon in English.
- The territory of the ancient kingdom, comprising of the Greek city of Thessaloniki and its surroundings.
- Republic of Macedonia, country in Europe. Provisionally designated by the UN and others as the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia.
- The largest and second most populous region of Greece, comprising the regions of West Macedonia, Central Macedonia and East Macedonia and Thrace.
- The part of the region in south-western Bulgaria.
- The whole region including parts of SW Bulgaria, north Greece and Republic of Macedonia.