(1) A genre of art dealing with the depiction of natural scenery
(2) Painting depicting an expanse of natural scenery
(3) An extensive mental viewpoint
"The political landscape looks bleak without a change of administration"
"We changed the landscape for solving the problem of payroll inequity"
(4) An expanse of scenery that can be seen in a single view
(5) Do landscape gardening
"My sons landscapes for corporations and earns a good living"
(6) Embellish with plants
"Let's landscape the yard"
From , from + .
- A portion of land or territory which the eye can comprehend in a single view, including all the objects it contains.
- A picture representing a scene by land or sea, actual or fancied, the chief subject being the general aspect of nature, as fields, hills, forests, water. etc.
- The pictorial aspect of a country.
- a mode of printing where the horizontal sides are longer then the vertical sides
- A space, indoor or outdoor and natural or man-made (as in 'designed landscape')