(1) The destruction of an enemy plane or ship or tank or missile
"The pilot reported two kills during the mission"
(2) The act of terminating a life
(3) End or extinguish by forceful means
"Stamp out poverty!"
(4) Destroy a vitally essential quality of or in
"Eating artichokes kills the taste of all other foods"
(5) Cause to cease operating
"Kill the engine"
(6) Tire out completely
"The daily stress of her work is killing her"
(7) Mark for deletion, rub off, or erase
"Kill these lines in the President's speech"
(8) Drink down entirely
"He downed three martinis before dinner"
"She killed a bottle of brandy that night"
"They popped a few beer after work"
(9) Cause to die; put to death, usually intentionally or knowingly
"This man killed several people when he tried to rob a bank"
"The farmer killed a pig for the holidays"
(10) Cause the death of, without intention
"She was killed in the collision of three cars"
(11) Deprive of life
"AIDS has killed thousands in Africa"
(12) Hit with great force
"He killed the ball"
(13) Hit with so much force as to make a return impossible, in racket games
"She killed the ball"
(14) Overwhelm with hilarity, pleasure, or admiration
"The comedian was so funny, he was killing me!"
(15) Be the source of great pain for
"These new shoes are killing me!"
(16) Thwart the passage of
"Kill a motion"
"He shot down the student's proposal"
(17) Be fatal
"Drunken driving kills"