(1) A disposition to exhibit uncontrolled anger
"His temper was well known to all his employees"
(2) Excessive sensitivity of an organ or body part
(3) An irritable petulant feeling
- The state or quality of being irritable; quick excitability; petulance; fretfulness; as, irritability of temper.
- A natural susceptibility, characteristic of all living organisms, tissues, and cells, to the influence of certain stimuli, response being manifested in a variety of ways.
- A condition of morbid excitability of an organ or part of the body; undue susceptibility to the influence of stimuli.