(1) The act of intersecting (as joining by causing your path to intersect your target's path)
(2) A junction where one street or road crosses another
(3) A representation of common ground between theories or phenomena
"There was no overlap between their proposals"
(4) A point where lines intersect
(5) The set of elements common to two or more sets
"The set of red hats is the intersection of the set of hats and the set of red things"
(6) A point or set of points common to two or more geometric configurations