(1) The act of installing something (as equipment)
"The telephone installation took only a few minutes"
(2) A building or place that provides a particular service or is used for a particular industry
"The assembly plant is an enormous facility"
(3) A formal entry into an organization or position or office
"His initiation into the club"
"He was ordered to report for induction into the army"
"He gave a speech as part of his installation into the hall of fame"
- The act of installing or giving possession of an office, rank, or order, with the usual rites or ceremonies; as, the installation of an ordained minister in a parish.
- The whole of a system of machines, apparatus, and accessories, when set up and arranged for practical working, as in electric lighting, transmission of power, etc.
- A grouping of facilities that constitute a permanent military base