(1) Being or characteristic of a single thing or person
"Individual drops of rain"
"Please mark the individual pages"
"They went their individual ways"
(2) Separate and distinct from others of the same kind
"Mark the individual pages"
"On a case-by-case basis"
(3) Characteristic of or meant for a single person or thing
"An individual serving"
"A single bed"
(4) A human being
"There was too much for one person to do"
(5) A single organism
From < , neut. of < + .
- A person considered alone, rather than as belonging to a group of people.
- He is an unusual individual.
- An object, be it a thing or an agent, as contrasted to a class.