(1) The act of designating or identifying something
(2) The attribution to yourself (consciously or unconsciously) of the characteristics of another person (or group of persons)
(3) The process of recognizing something or someone by remembering
"A politician whose recall of names was as remarkable as his recognition of faces"
"Experimental psychologists measure the elapsed time from the onset of the stimulus to its recognition by the observer"
(4) Evidence of identity; something that identifies a person or thing
(5) The condition of having your identity established
"The thief's identification was followed quickly by his arrest"
- The act of identifying, or proving to be the same.
- Much education and experience is required for proper identification of bird species
- The state of being identified.
- A particular instance of identifying something.
- information necessary to make a good identification
- A document or documents serving as evidence of a person's identity.
- The authorities asked for his identification
- A feeling of support, sympathy, understanding or belonging towards somebody or something.