(1) (of twins) derived from a single egg or ovum
"Identical twins are monovular"
(2) Coinciding exactly when superimposed
(3) Having properties with uniform values along all axes
(4) Exactly alike; incapable of being perceived as different
"Rows of identical houses"
"Cars identical except for their license plates"
"They wore indistinguishable hats"
(5) Being the exact same one; not any other:
"This is the identical room we stayed in before"
"The themes of his stories are one and the same"
"Saw the selfsame quotation in two newspapers"
"On this very spot"
"The very thing he said yesterday"
"The very man I want to see"
- Exactly equivalent; bearing full likeness by having precisely the same set of characteristics.
- Of twins, sharing the same genetic code.
- Exactly equivalent.
- Approximating or approaching exact equivalence.
- Something which has exactly the same properties as something else.