(1) One of the three Christian virtues
(2) Grounds for feeling hopeful about the future
"There is little or no promise that he will recover"
(3) A specific instance of feeling hopeful
"It revived their hope of winning the pennant"
(4) The general feeling that some desire will be fulfilled
"In spite of his troubles he never gave up hope"
(5) Someone (or something) on which expectations are centered
"He was their best hope for a victory"
(6) United States comedian (born in England) who appeared in films with Bing Crosby (1903-2003)
(7) Intend with some possibility of fulfilment
"I hope to have finished this work by tomorrow evening"
(8) Be optimistic; be full of hope; have hopes
"I am still hoping that all will turn out well"
(9) Expect and wish
"I trust you will behave better from now on"
"I hope she understands that she cannot expect a raise"