(1) A group of cattle or sheep or other domestic mammals all of the same kind that are herded by humans
(2) A group of wild mammals of one species that remain together: antelope or elephants or seals or whales or zebra
(3) A crowd especially of ordinary or undistinguished persons or things
"His brilliance raised him above the ruck"
"The children resembled a fairy herd"
(4) Move together, like a herd
(5) Cause to herd, drive, or crowd together
"We herded the children into a spare classroom"
(6) Keep, move, or drive animals
"Who will be herding the cattle when the cowboy dies?"