(1) A man who has recently been married
(2) A man participant in his own marriage ceremony
(3) Someone employed in a stable to take care of the horses
(4) Care for one's external appearance
"He is always well-groomed"
(5) Give a neat appearance to
"Groom the dogs"
"Dress the horses"
(6) Prepare (someone) for a future role or function
"He is grooming his son to become his successor"
"The prince was prepared to become King one day"
"They trained him to be a warrior"
Probably from guma, cognate with gomo, gumi.
- A man who is about to become or has recently become part of a married couple. Short form of bridegroom.
- A person who cares for horses.
- To attend to one's appearance and clothing.
- To care for horses or other animals by brushing and cleaning them.
- To prepare a ski slope for skiers
- To attempt to gain the trust of (a minor) with the intent of developing an illegal sexual relationship.