(1) Effort expended in moving one object over another with pressure
(2) The resistance encountered when one body is moved in contact with another
(3) A state of conflict between persons
- The rubbing of one object or surface against another.
- Conflict, as between persons having dissimilar ideas or interests; clash.
- : A force that resists the relative motion or tendency to such motion of two bodies in contact.
- coefficient of friction
- static friction
- dynamic friction
- friction clutch
- friction match