(1) A colorless volatile highly inflammable liquid formerly used as an inhalation anesthetic
(2) A medium that was once supposed to fill all space and to support the propagation of electromagnetic waves
(3) Any of a class of organic compounds that have two hydrocarbon groups linked by an oxygen atom
(4) The fifth and highest element after air and earth and fire and water; was believed to be the substance composing all heavenly bodies
- The ancient American prophet of Mormon theology who wrote the Book of Ether in the Book of Mormon.