(1) (biochemistry) a long linear polymer found in the nucleus of a cell and formed from nucleotides and shaped like a double helix; associated with the transmission of genetic information
"DNA is the king of molecules"
- A substance inherent in living beings which determines their form, and can be used to uniquely identify a person.
- deoxyribonucleic acid, the genetic material of nearly all forms of life.
- A biopolymer of deoxyribonucleic acids (a type of nucleic acid) that has four different chemical groups, called bases: adenine, guanine, cytosine, and thymine.
- Defense Nuclear Agency.
- Did Not Answer.
- Did Not Arrive (used when someone fails to keep an appointment).
- Did Not Attend.
- Do Not Assume.
- Drugs 'n' alcohol.
- Dernière Nouvelles d'Alsace ("Latest News from Alsace"), a French periodical.
- "Deoksiribonükleik asit", deoxyribonucleic acid, the genetic material of nearly all forms of life.