(1) Slang for a paunch
(2) A business firm whose articles of incorporation have been approved in some state
< < , pp. ; see corporate.
- A group of individuals, created by law or under authority of law, having a continuous existence independent of the existences of its members, and powers and liabilities distinct from those of its members.
- In Fascist Italy, a joint association of employers' and workers' representatives.
- A protruding belly; a paunch.
- 1918, Katherine Mansfield, Prelude, Selected Stories, Oxford World's Classics paperback 2002, page 91
- 'You'd be surprised,' said Stanley, as though this were intensely interesting, 'at the number of chaps at the club who have got a corporation.