(1) Capable of being changed in substance as if by alchemy
"Is lead really transmutable into gold?"
"Ideas translatable into reality"
(2) Capable of being exchanged for or replaced by something of equal value
(3) Designed to be changed from one use or form to another
"A convertible sofa"
"A convertible coupe"
(4) A car that has top that can be folded or removed
(5) A sofa that can be converted into a bed
(6) A corporate security (usually bonds or preferred stock) that can be exchanged for another form of security (usually common stock)
- Able to be converted.
- Having the right to be converted into a different security, usually common stock, at the holder's option.